Tuesday, September 29, 2009

UK Weddings Show - Harrogate highlights...

Just thought I'd share a few photos from the weekend as well as a quick introduction to some of my new wedding buddies that I met... (apologies that images aren't up to usual standard - quick flash shots on my little sister's compact! - hopefully they give you the gist though!)

As well as exhibiting my photography we also took the opportunity to showcase "The Vintage China Cupboard". This is a business I run with my Mum and was born out a collection of stunning vintage china that was used for my wedding last September. We simply couldn't bear to part with it all and both still enjoy a healthy obsession with shopping for china so decided to offer our lovely wares for hire for other couples to enjoy. The vintage garden party look is just so cool....


A massive thank you to my trusty helpers - my fab little sister Cordelia and the very lovely Dee Grismond. Dee is the brains behind "Cherry Gorgeous" an eco-chic stationery company. I'm due to return the favour next weekend as I'll be helping Dee on her stand at the National Wedding Show down at the NEC. If anyone is planning to visit do come and say hi!!


We were very privileged to be positioned opposite the very cute Bilbo the owl! Bilbo is very clever and has set up in business offering a ring bearing service! Love it! He will swoop down the aisle bearing the all important rings and land on (the gloved) hand of groom or best man.. He drew a pretty good crowd! You can find out more about Bilbo and his services here..

We really do feel that we had the coolest corner in the show for as well as hanging out with Bilbo we all got to enjoy the chilled but very funky tunes of The Bedroom Orchestra. Tristan serenaded us all day long - apologies if the 3 of us looked slightly insane bopping away on our stand...!

I also made a new friend with wheels... I fell in love with Sweet Pea - a beautiful 1966 Volkswagen Samba Type 2 Deluxe 21 window Microbus - what a fab way to travel in style on your wedding day. Cool company name too - Dub Tails...

Great to catch up with Joanna from Twisted Willow Floristry too - her stand looked absolutely gorgeous.

Once again a huge thank you to all the couples and their friends and family who popped by to say hi. It's been so lovely to hear from lots of you already and I'm looking forward to welcoming you to the studio in Rawdon for a more detailed chat over a coffee and a few choccie biscuits!

No comments:

Post a Comment