Thursday, October 15, 2009

New addiction.... knitting!

I've been meaning to get some new craft skills under my belt for sometime so I was really thrilled to have the opportunity to do a learn to knit workshop at the very lovely Baa Ram Ewe in Headingley this week. The owner Verity was a complete star and has got me well on the way with the basics. I'm starting out on a very fetching chunky (very chunky!!) scarf - but already have my eye on my next project - funky arm warmers / gloves.

Verity stocks an amazing range of wool focusing on Yorkshire yarns and British breeds which is so cool. So rather than buying a new pair of gloves from the high street that are made in goodness knows where it's so great to have control over the source of your material and get the feel good factor of creating something yourself... Yep - I'm a knitting convert...

No comments:

Post a Comment