Friday, October 3, 2008

Charity Project 2008

Starting this year I’ve decided to take on an annual charity project as I strongly believe that it’s important to take on personal work that creates new challenges and gives something back to the local community. This year saw me working with Sue Ryder Care Wheatfields Hospice in Headingley, Leeds with a brief set to recognise and celebrate the work of the volunteers as part of the hospice’s 30th anniversary. It was an amazing photographic journey working alongside patients and volunteers in the hospice and day-unit as well as recording the many diverse roles undertaken in and around the patient services – from kitchen tasks, chaplaincy, gardening, admin and fund raising – volunteers are the life blood of the charity.



Further images from the project can be viewed on my website – WHEATFIELDS PROJECT . I’d like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to all of the staff, volunteers and patients at Wheatfields who made me feel so welcome – please do visit the Wheatfields website to find out more about the amazing work that is done there.

I’m starting to have a think about project opportunities for 2009 so please do get in touch if you work with a Leeds based charity that would like to be propose a photographic brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment